More precisely, we work on many ways to better support software development at different levels, from programming languages to development environments, including tools to support program understanding (debuggers, profilers, visualizers). We also study the practice of programming, through mining software repositories as well as user studies.
Where do we publish? Here is the PLEIAD Trail (major conferences only) since 2010:
- 2014: DLS, ICFP, ICSE, Modularity (2), OOPSLA, VISSOFT
- 2013: AOSD (2), DLS, MSR, WCRE (proc.), IWPSE (proc.), VISSOFT (2), SCAM
- 2012: AOSD (proc.), ECOOP, FSE, ICPC, ICSE (2), OOPSLA
- 2011: AOSD, ECOOP (3), FSE, ICPC (2), ICSE (2), MODELS, MSR, OOPSLA, IWPSE (proc.)
- 2010: AOSD (2), ASE, GPCE, ICSE, MSR (2), SAC, SC, SCAM, TOOLS
We also publish in the following journals: ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems; ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology; Automated Software Engineering; Computer Languages, Systems and Structures; Concurrency and Computation-Practice and Experience; Empirical Software Engineering; IEEE Software; IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering; Personal and Ubiquitous Computing; Science of Computer Programming; Software-Practice and Experience.
With whom do we collaborate? Here is a list of PLEIAD scientific collaborations (projects, publications, visits) since 2010: Brown University (USA), Carnegie Mellon University (USA), INRIA Nantes and Lille (France), Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany), Universidad de La Plata (Argentina), University of Bern (Switzerland), University of British Columbia (Canada), University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany), University of Gent (Belgium), University of Lugano (Switzerland), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- Éric Tanter is PC member of the 30th ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA 2015)
- Paper on Foundations of Typestate-Oriented Programming (Garcia, Tanter, Wolff, Aldrich) appeared in the ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems!
- Paper Understanding and Addressing Exhibitionism in Java: Empirical Research about Method Visibility (Vidal, Bergel, Marcos, Andrés) accepted for publication in Empirical Software Engineering.
- Alexandre Bergel is PC member of 22nd International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER 2015)
- Paper A Domain-Specific Language For Visualizing Software Dependencies as a Graph (Bergel, Maass, Ducasse, Gîrba) accepted at VISSOFT ERA
- Éric Tanter is PC member of the 24th European Symposium on Programming (ESOP 2015)
- Paper On the Use of Type Predicates in Object-Oriented Software: The Case of Smalltalk (Callaú, Robbes, Tanter, Röthlisberger, Bergel) accepted at DLS 2014!
- Felipe Bañados successfully defended his MSc thesis! Congrats!!
- Rodolfo Toledo successfully defended his PhD thesis! Congrats!!
- Ismael Figueroa successfully defended his PhD thesis! Congrats!!
- Romain Robbes will participate in the Dagstuhl Seminar on Software Development Analytics, June 2014.
- Éric Tanter will participate in the Dagstuhl Seminar on Scripting Languages and Frameworks: Analysis and Verification, July 2014.
- Éric Tanter is PC member of the 13th International Conference on Generative Programming (GPCE 2014)
- After nearly 5 years of hard work, the book Deep Into Pharo is out!
- Paper on How (and Why) Developers Use the Dynamic Features of Programming Languages: the Case of Smalltalk (Callaú, Robbes, Tanter, Röthlisberger) now published in the Empirical Software Engineering journal
- Paper on Execution Levels for Aspect-Oriented Programming: Design, Semantics, Implementations and Applications (Tanter, Figueroa, Tabareau) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming
- Alex Bergel is PC member of CSMR-WCRE ERA 2014
- Alex Bergel is PC member of OOPS 2014
- Éric Tanter is now Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering